The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

4 DPT - The Protector


So if you can ignore my non-photogenic self in this picture, you will see my baby. She normally acts as if she is my bodyguard, but she especially took that role tonight when my husband was giving me my progesterone shot. The problem is, she actually fell asleep on me beforehand and slept through the shot. My husband took this picture right before shooting me up because I insisted it was a moment to capture (I also insisted he spare you the angle including my bare rear end!).

I hope she is as sweet and protective of our children some day...
File Under:

12 comments:

On November 12, 2007 at 10:21 PM , Eric Weynand said...

that picture is so cute - y'all are both unbelievable photogenic. missing y'all badly. See y'all in 1 week 1 day!

 
On November 12, 2007 at 11:23 PM , Chastity said...

How sweet!

 
On November 13, 2007 at 7:11 AM , LJ said...

ZOMG! TEH CUTENESS!

Ok, back to human speak - that picture is adorable!

 
On November 13, 2007 at 8:09 AM , Laura said...

What a cutie! And such a good protector. :)

 
On November 13, 2007 at 8:12 AM , AwkwardMoments said...

What a awesome picture ..so precious

 
On November 13, 2007 at 9:25 AM , Tara said...

Heidi! She's a brave but sleepy girl. Hope the wee three are sticking around. I'm sending positive energy to your uterus right now. :)

 
On November 13, 2007 at 9:31 AM , Kate said...

That is so cute! :)

 
On November 13, 2007 at 11:05 AM , nickoletta100 said...

Ahhhh, that is very sweet!

 
On November 13, 2007 at 1:46 PM , JJ said...

SO adorable--she is definitely protecting you (and your 3 babes!)

 
On November 13, 2007 at 5:49 PM , Amelia said...

*grin* Entirely too cute! I have a rat terrier who has been protecting my chest ever since the first yelp I made when Mr. Egg bumped up against me. They know! They absolutely know!

 
On November 13, 2007 at 8:19 PM , lltanderson said...

what an adorable picture, and what a sweet dog!

 
On November 13, 2007 at 10:32 PM , Natalie said...

That's freakin hilarious!