The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

Seeing Red

Literally.

It might not be the best way to start this whole thing, but it is my reality. Another friend announces she is pregnant and I start another period, all within twenty four hours. How much longer can I pitifully display happiness for those that have achieved what I want so badly and at the same time dread all the future announcements that are not my own?

That was all this past weekend. Now on to today...

I had my baseline sono today for my 6th IUI cycle. While sitting in the waiting room, I started to have one of those moments where you feel everyone else moving around you while you remain totally still. I was looking at the other patients coming in and felt like they were all experiencing some kind of great progress, while I sat completely stagnant in the perfectly coordinated office furniture.

The sono tech thinks she has found a cyst, but apparently upon review my doctor feels that it is a 'functioning cyst' with a small blood clot that will remove itself naturally from my body. Could someone please explain what the hell a 'functioning cyst' is? Does it have a pulse? A brain? What?? I see the doctor as I am getting ready to check out and begin to feel the tears creeping up. I am trying to hold it together, to not be that 'fragile' girl, but I do a fairly lousy job. The doctor said to me, " You are getting tired of this aren't you?". Um, affirmative doc. I am tired of this. Remember how last time you said it was our best chance to date? Yet here I am again.

The upside to today is that insurance is actually going to cover the office visit which is totally unheard of. I guess you have to pick your battles.

So I will start taking Clomid again tonight and we will commence with the last Clomid/IUI cycle before a one month break and then on to whatever else. Feeling tired is the understatement of the year and a half that we have traveled this journey and I would like some rest.
File Under:

0 comments: