The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

What Got Us Here

Today is our 4 year wedding anniversary. Four years ago today we were pronounced husband and wife, and somewhat naively thought about the life ahead of us. The fear of getting pregnant too soon was a thought that crossed my mind. "You want to have enough time to enjoy married life", I heard on more than one occasion. Now that advice seems a little off the mark. If I had known what I know now, we would have started trying on our honeymoon.

What I
do know today is that I have some follicles on both my right and left side and my lining looks pretty good, per our 2nd u/s for our last Clomid/IUI cycle. I know that it felt really good to have my husband there with me at my appointment this morning for support. I know that he loves me unconditionally and is fully invested in trying to create our family. I know that I am with the person that I am meant to be with for life and that someday we will have children of our own.

Knowing all of these things warms my heart and helps me refocus a little bit. When I get wrapped up in all of the intricacies of fertility and how to make a baby, I need a good swift kick. What I need to remember is what got us here. What got us to this point is love - our love for each other and the want to share that love with a child.

I
know that I am fortunate and right now I couldn't be happier.
File Under:

1 comments:

On March 8, 2007 at 8:50 PM , Lindsey said...

Glad to hear that the appointment went well. It's good to have anniversaries, isn't it? You know, to remind us of the big picture and the reason you are doing everything you are doing. It seems your anniversary couldn't have been more well timed. Happy 4th!