In the midst of my morning commute, I saw a bumpersticker that I found rather amusing:
There's no Bush that I trust
except for my own.
I had myself a good little chuckle and then the cogs started turning in my brain.
Do I trust my Bush? No
Do I trust my body?? No
Honestly, I was saddened by the answer. I really wish I could have more confidence in my own body, in the things that make me a woman...but alas, I don't. Inside I feel like the main things that define my gender are the things that betray me the most. If I can't trust my Bush, then who/what can I trust?
3 comments:
Oh boy, does this ring true. I don't trust my body at all - and that's so disappointing. I can make it do so many things, but I can't do this thing that everyone else seems to be able to with such ease.
I wish I knew how to give you confidence in your body.
he he he. That is a classic Austin bumper sticker. :)
I've felt this same concern before. I feel it now--not trusting that my body will be able to do what it is supposed to be programmed to do from this point on. I think it is a somewhat disturbing emotion to experience, but the recognition of it alone is a step forward for resolution.
I'm assuming (and perhaps I shouldn't) that aside from IF, your body is healthy and has held up for you, has done whatever you have asked of it your entire life, so just hold on to that evidence and try to grow your trust from there. With IF, I don't think trust comes easily. I think confidence in the capabilities of your body is always a work in progress. Just keep trying to trust. That's all you can do.
I definitely can't trust my ovaries! If I should put all my trust on someone it would be God. Everything else will follow. Because to trust is to have faith. And to have faith is to hope. I agree with Lindsey, take the risk and keep on trusting.