Today was a good day- one of those days where the topic of infertility loomed like a partly cloudy sky, but yet the sun still managed to shine through. Work wasn't too bad and then I met up with some good friends in the evening.
On my carefree drive home tonight I envisioned a painting that was streaked with red and orange hues, almost the color of a sunrise. It apparently has never occurred to me that I often think about what type of painting I would create given a particular moment or emotion. Lately the canvas has been dark, with blue drips of paint running down the picture. I attribute the new colors to hopefulness, and possibly something different on the horizon.
Maybe my new shade of color is a result of a particular friend listening to me talk about what is new in our infertile world. Maybe it is the realization of what a good friend I have. Or maybe, just maybe it is because someone said to me "I want this for you more than anything". A simple phrase to some, but something that echoes my own sentiment for myself right now. Whatever the reason, I want to maintain this bright outlook for as long as I possibly can.
3 comments:
You have a wonderful friend. Sometimes we just need someone who would listen. She's a keeper.
It's amazing how a friend can pull you up and dust off the bad feelings you've been having. It's like getting a fresh start. I'm really happy that you have that in your life! :)
You are blessed to have such a good friend. It is nice to have someone give us hope when we need it the most.