No new update on the insurance just yet. Apparently, specific procedure codes are needed to determine whether or not things will be covered by our lovely insurance. I have gotten some codes from the doctor's office (as of Friday) and they were passed on to our insurance contact. Now we just continue the wait until we get some sort of answer about how much coverage we would actually have as a result of paying an extra $180 a month. I am still remaining hopeful and fully exploring alternative 'coping' methods in the meantime.
On another note, I saw 'Ms. I talk about all things pregnancy related ALL the damn time' last night for the first time since her announcement that she is with child. She is already wearing clothes that are much too big for her, but whatever. Completely typical behavior from someone who CONSTANTLY goes overboard (example: she followed the pre-surgery lap instructions before her HSG 'by accident' and drank a whole bottle of laxatives). I saw her at a birthday dinner for another friend, but there were several of us there to avoid a one on one interaction about how my journey is going (I just know that question, followed with advice, is coming at any moment). If she tries to counsel me, I will absolutely crack and lose all sense of tact and decorum.
Despite the anxiety of seeing her I managed to keep some distance, and more importantly- survived the night. The real test will be in a couple of weeks when several friends are heading off for a weekend together at a ranch. Much more opportunity for those 'little conversations' is present. Okay, okay, I am not running for the paper bag just yet but might need to have a very cathartic blog spill before that weekend happens. So...get ready ladies!!!
1 comments:
I hope the insurance comes back with good news! I'm sorry you have to spend the weekend with Ms. Preggo. You should come up with some one-liners to use when she asks you the nosey questions. :)