The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

Thursday

Thursday holds a great deal of weight for us. We are supposed to find out from our insurance the impact that infertility coverage will make. While we are prepared to pay for the injectable cycle in full on our own, we are desperately hoping for a little financial relief.

In the meantime, I am trying to schedule some time with an acupuncturist and looking at other alternatives. The world of conception is so immense and I feel that even though we have trudged through quite a lot, we have barely become acquainted with all that is out there.

This is not a journey that I asked to take. This is not a journey that I planned for. This is not a journey that I want to continue. The only thing that I know is that there is a child of our very own waiting to greet us at the end of this trek and that fact alone is what makes me pick up my feet and keep moving towards the finish line.
File Under:

2 comments:

On May 2, 2007 at 8:24 AM , Kate said...

I really hope that you get good news from the insurance company. I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

 
On May 5, 2007 at 12:33 PM , Baby Blues said...

I love the last paragraph. My sentiments too. It'll be all worth our wait.