The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

CD 34 - How Would You Like Your Eggs?


I'll take mine big and fluffy please. We had our latest appointment on Tuesday morning, and things are definitely looking up:

follicles - 18 of them
largest size - 15
estradiol - 318

I am supposed to stay on 300 IU's of Follistim until Friday when we have our next appointment. I have had to order 1 more cartridge of meds, and I hope to hell that is the absolute final one. Right now, it looks like Friday could quite possibly be our last appointment before retrieval and that has my thoughts churning.

We are so close now that I am really starting to feel it. While driving today, I just felt the weight of this whole thing fall right on me, almost like a punch in the gut. The feeling of both boundless excitement and heart wrenching fear is really amazing. We have so much to lose, but we also have so very much to gain.

Please...please...please...
File Under:

10 comments:

On August 22, 2007 at 3:14 PM , Kate said...

We are all hoping right along with you!!!

 
On August 22, 2007 at 3:22 PM , FattyPants said...

18 is fantastic! I'm still keeping everything crossed for you.

 
On August 22, 2007 at 6:34 PM , Lindsey said...

Yes, please, please, please. I am thinking of you and hoping the happiest outcome. 18 follies is beautiful. Hope friday brings you more good news.

 
On August 22, 2007 at 7:50 PM , AwkwardMoments said...

All sounds like super fantastic news. Can't wait to hear about more wonderful news on friday!!!

 
On August 22, 2007 at 10:23 PM , Lindsay G said...

I am excited and nervous for you. It's looking good, and I can't wait to hear Friday's results!

 
On August 23, 2007 at 9:44 AM , M said...

I was just introduced to your blog today. I wish you the best for this cycle and hope to hear some great news in a couple of weeks.

 
On August 23, 2007 at 1:20 PM , nickoletta100 said...

Good luck!!!!!Good luck!!!!!Good luck!!!!!Good luck!!!!!Good luck!!!!!Good luck!!!!!

 
On August 23, 2007 at 7:14 PM , Natalie said...

Wishing you all fluffy eggs:-)

 
On August 23, 2007 at 11:25 PM , Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney, I am also going thru my first IVF. I wanted to wish you much luck! 18 follies is great!!

 
On August 26, 2007 at 8:40 AM , Doughnut said...

Wishing you all the best too Courtney! I just came across your blog today. I see you are in the social service field as well although not sure what area. Looking forward to further posts!