The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

1 DPT - Fruitful Day of Rest


Laziness. Absolute and pure laziness is the only way that I can describe my behavior today. I have made the living room couch, my bed, and the couch in our office my best friends. No one can say that I'm not giving the whole 'take it easy' instruction to heart.

My husband has been home with me all day, except for the period of time in which he went to the grocery store to get items to make me homemade lasagna for dinner. Oh, and also stop by my favorite ice cream place to pick up dessert. Seriously - what a guy. He is entirely too good to me. All of his efforts have helped me to maintain the same level of calm that I had going for me yesterday, and that can only be good, right?


Prior to my husband leaving for the store, the doorbell rang. He returned from the front door holding in his hands what you see at the top of this post - a fruit bouquet. My wonderful and supportive sister, brother in law, and nephew sent it to us. She thought I might need a healthy snack to help grow our little ones. :)


My one thought for today is that I feel incredibly lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. If these three embryos make it into the world and into our arms, they will be surrounded by nothing but love and those that have been pulling for them from the very start.
File Under:

4 comments:

On November 9, 2007 at 8:30 PM , Natalie said...

Wow, that is the coolest thing ever - forget flowers, fruit is so good for you! Mostly though, that they'd even THINK of doing it, let alone actually SEND it, they're amazing people and you're very very lucky:-)

 
On November 9, 2007 at 8:40 PM , AwkwardMoments said...

WHat a lovely Family. I am glad they are pampering you. Enjoy it

 
On November 10, 2007 at 11:09 AM , Amelia said...

I love the fruit bouquet! I've never seen one before. What an excellent idea! And that family of yours...WOW! So supportive. And I think ya got a number of blogland supporters as well! *wink*

 
On November 12, 2007 at 8:29 AM , Kate said...

I have always wanted a fruit bouquet! How cool!