The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

CD 25- The Deed Is Done


Well, I am now the proud carrier of 3 thawed embryos. Today's transfer went incredibly smoothly and now I just have to rest and wait.

We ended up having about 30 minutes to wait in our little room before being taken back for the procedure. I took my valium pill, got into my lovely hospital gown, and got in the bed that would take me back to the sterile room for transfer. I put on my headphones and listened to my relaxation cd, focusing on my breathing and trying to maintain a state of calm. It must have really worked because next thing I knew the nurse was coming in to say it was time for them to take me back.
I felt very calm throughout the whole procedure and my husband was right there next to me so that we maintained some semblance of regular conception practices (we were in the same room at least). My doctor commented to me before she did the actual transfer that I seemed to be "in a very good place today". I fully agree.

We have already talked to our three little passengers in an attempt to convince them to stay. The clock will tick, the hours will pass. Hopefully this sense of calm that I have achieved thus far will remain with me up until testing day.
File Under:

8 comments:

On November 8, 2007 at 11:56 PM , AwkwardMoments said...

YAH, Excellent for your calm nerves. Wishing and praying

 
On November 9, 2007 at 12:34 AM , Natalie said...

Yay, all three!

 
On November 9, 2007 at 8:47 AM , Kate said...

Grow, little ones, grow!!

 
On November 9, 2007 at 8:59 AM , Courtney said...

Crossing my fingers that those embys stay put and enjoy your body as their new home!

I work for a group called the Tennessee Disability Coalition-the irony of our names, our fertility issues and the fact that we work in the same industry-WOW!

 
On November 9, 2007 at 9:38 AM , sharah said...

Sounds like an excellent transfer! Here's to hoping the next two weeks go by quickly!

 
On November 9, 2007 at 9:50 AM , JJ said...

SO happy that all 3 came through, and are no on board!!
Do you recommend the valium?? I may have to ask about that...
Wishing you SO much luck!

 
On November 9, 2007 at 10:42 AM , Amanda said...

I am so happy that things have gone so smoothly so far! I really hope the serenity and the embies stick around for the long haul!

 
On November 9, 2007 at 3:03 PM , nickoletta100 said...

So glad to hear it went well. now just relax....:)