The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

Thanks Out Loud


On this day of giving thanks, there are many things on my list. Last year, I posted this about being at the annual girls' Thanksgiving dinner and how even though I had the most wonderful news to share, I could not. It was too new and too frightening to let out my secret. This year, however, I was able to verbalize my gratitude in a way that I truly haven't been able to in awhile. We had our girls' dinner a week ago today and when it was my turn to share, I shared my words and my tears. Something that I was waiting to say for so very long was finally uttered out loud. And just like that, I feel like my silence has been broken in such a fantastic and amazing way.

Whatever you are thankful for today, may you be filled with deep feelings of gratitude, peace, and love. Happy, happy Thanksgiving.
File Under:

1 comments:

On December 1, 2008 at 8:10 PM , Lindsey said...

I'm glad this year allowed you to exhale and say what you've needed to say for so long.

Hope you had a really great Thanksgiving!