
For the last several years, a group of friends convene upon an Italian restaurant to eat, chat, and say what we are thankful for. Italian was chosen because we can safely assume that there is no turkey present, and what goes better with Italian food than wine?
Each year we go around the table to tell what we are thankful for, for that particular year. This year was a slight quandary, however not at all in relation to content. I have PLENTY of things in my life to be thankful for, but it was more over what to say. Out of the 7 of us there, 4 of us (including myself) know about my little secret. I decided that I just couldn't go and tell more people yet so I mentioned everything BUT being pregnant. It was hard, but I felt it was necessary.
This simple tradition that we have kept for a handful of years now is something that I look forward to, and has been one of those events that allows you to earmark life like a good book. Each year brings about different challenges and celebrations, but what remains constant are those that mean the most, sitting next to you at the table.
Tonight I can share what I would have liked to openly have said last night...
Today I know, without a single doubt, that I am most thankful for my husband and our little ones that are tucked away. I am thankful for the possibility that we have been graced with, and for the potential future that we might live out with our children. The tears I shed now in saying this are of both happiness and stubbornness. I am happy with where we are at and I refuse to let this go away. For at this moment in time, I am pregnant and we are a family.
6 comments:
ahhhhhwwww now you got me all teary-eyed .. goodness Iam just so THRILLED for you
Awww, goosebumps!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful one! :)
What a beautiful way to celebrate the holiday! I'm so happy for you. I hope you have a great one with your new family member(s). XOXO
Wahoooo! Congratulations!
Courtney,
First of all: CONGRATS!!! I have been following your blog for a while. Not only are you a superior writer, but you have such a great attitude. It has given me tremendous strength during my chemical pregnancy/miscarriage (had to have a d and c). Second: are you in Austin? I noticed the sad UT cheerleader after the OU game and thought we could bond over Friday's fiasco. I would also love to hear about your doctor. I am in Houston. Anyway, I am so glad that I found you. Our IVF cycles are amazingly close in timing and outcome--I was 3 weeks behind your first and I have 3 frozen too--but I won't be able to do FET until after the holidays because the lab is undergoing some construction. Even just the waiting is miserable. So good luck and ENJOY this time for all of us. You give me hope and strength (and make me realize how sulky I have been-haha).