The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

Wrecked

Completely. Utterly. Absolutely. Wrecked.

I called the dr's office today to speak with them about the cost for our injectable cycle, and well...the feedback was amazing and ridiculous all at the same time. Our wonderful f*ckin' insurance does not cover a thing. Not a damn thing. Therefore, each go round will be approximately $3k.

As a result of this financial enlightenment, we will not be doing anything this cycle. We are currently in talks with our insurance company to add fertility coverage in a desperate attempt to save a dollar. If we are able to add the coverage, it will go into effect on June 1st and we can let the games begin.

Therefore, for now, we wait. However, I cannot just sit around and wait while the expiration date on my eggs nears. Eastern medicine - here we come.

I have been a mess all day after having to make such a rushed, yet weighted decision. My husband has been wonderful and has tried his best to help me think rationally about the whole situation. Rational is difficult for me at this place in time.

This whole thing just feels completely, utterly, absolutely unfair.
File Under:

2 comments:

On April 28, 2007 at 7:19 AM , Larisa said...

I'm so sorry. The costs are really unbelievable - and it's so so unfair that decisions about family end up having to be made based on money.

 
On April 29, 2007 at 7:30 PM , Kate said...

I know that the insurance I currently have will cover nothing when/if we start treatments. It's already stressful to have to go through this but to add financial worries on top of it... I work in HR and it is something that comes up more and more when we enter open enrollment. I'm sorry that this is happening.