That word was emailed to me through my word a day subscription from dictionary.com back in March.
Effete
E-F-F-E-T-E
1. No longer capable of producing young; infertile; barren; sterile.
2. Exhausted of energy; incapable of efficient action; worn out.
While I absolutely refuse to believe that the first definition is relevant to me, I do feel like my soul carries the imprint of the second one. I am feeling tired and worn from everything that we have been through thus far, while being fully aware that there is still vast terrain that we haven't yet traveled.
No new updates on the insurance situation, we just are waiting to hear back on an absolute final decision (a nurse contracted with the insurance is reviewing my file). All we can do is have faith that there is still a ray of hope left and that it will make itself known very soon.
2 comments:
I don't like that word at all. If they are going to make a word have such a bad meaning can't they at least make it a nice sounding word. Hope you hear good news from the insurance company soon.
I totally agree with you. Never heard the word, but feel the 2nd part of it to be true. After ttc for 3 years and start a family of our own, 3 ivf's later, a 2nd trimester loss, and 2 miscarriages, I am ready to be a mom. Well both get there, the time is when? You have a great attitude...congratulations on your husband's new business.