
Last night was a momentous occasion for our family of two (three if you count the pup). My husband held an open house and ribbon cutting for his business and it turned out to be a wonderful event. I found myself getting teary as my husband took the awkwardly large scissors and cut the ribbon in two. He has done so much for us and his hard work has afforded us a comfortable lifestyle. I could not have been more proud at the event, watching others acknowledge all that my husband has done. His business started out of our small apartment bedroom in 1999 and has steadily grown into a successful and recognized company. It was just one of those moments where I felt that my heart might actually burst out of my chest because I was feeling so much love and pride. I can only hope that I am able to bring him the same sort of pride and that together, somewhere in the not so distant future, we can feel that way about our children.
***
Such a wonderful day yesterday, and then today flowers are delivered to me at work from my husband. He wanted to thank me for my help yesterday and to let me know that he loves me. Can it get any better than that???
3 comments:
That is so wonderful! I could imagine you must be so proud!
Wow! That is really cool - congrats!
Congratulations to you both!