The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

Silver Lining?

We received a letter in the mail a few days ago, full of insurance jargon and with more holes than a trusty colander. After making some phone calls (and getting some answers back) things appear as if we are approved for our IVF cycle. While I would like to jump up and down and have a tall glass of wine to celebrate (all of which will come to a screeching halt in a couple of weeks) I will refrain. Nothing is ever certain with insurance.

If all goes well, we will start the IVF process in the next few weeks. I have the itemized procedure list from the doctor's office and already have my prix-fixe menu selected for the big day. Of course there are a million scenarios that could play out with all of this, but I can't get stuck on that right now. For now I will begin to prepare myself for IVF and try to lay faith in the fact that the insurance will really work, that my body will really work, and that there is really a chance that a baby might be in the works for us.

File Under:

4 comments:

On July 2, 2007 at 9:25 PM , Larisa said...

Tentatively letting out a big "hooray" from over here. Hoping the leaky letter is all in your favor so you can focus on the fun stuff like tummy shots. ;)

Seriously, hoping all goes well and all you need is this one approved cycle.

 
On July 3, 2007 at 12:44 PM , Kate said...

That's great! I am very excited for you :)

 
On July 4, 2007 at 8:53 AM , Baby Blues said...

Looking forward to your IVF cycle. I'm excited for you! Keep us posted. I'll be checking to cheer you on. :-)

 
On July 5, 2007 at 2:55 PM , Lindsey said...

Okay, the hope is building now! I'm so glad you at least have the possibility of coverage, and a good chance at a baby. Please, please let the scales continue to tip in your favor.
Moving forward always feels like progress to me.