The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

Taking Charge

So there still isn't a whole lot going on right now. We are just watching the clock until we can begin the IVF process. The doctor's office is running the pre-authorization on everything so we are holding our breath a little bit until we get word back. While mostly waiting, I am beginning to get into the mode of self educator and advocate. I have started reading about the interesting process that is IVF and want to know everything that I can in order to prepare myself. I am only beginning to understand the specifics of the involved procedures, and quite frankly the seriousness of it all.

As well as learning, I am trying to step into the role of self advocate. I am typically the laid back person who is okay with going with the flow. It is becoming ever clearer that I need to be more proactive in this journey and not be so afraid of pushing the envelope a little bit. Earlier this week I called the RE's office and asked for progesterone. I told them that I just wanted to try it out given that this is our last unassisted cycle for awhile, and hopefully at least until we are graced with a pregnancy. This sounds pretty insignificant but I actually feel good about following through with this simple request.

I want to direct this journey. I want to be in control of something that feels so out of control. And, most importantly, I want my actions to result in a baby. Please let it be so.
File Under:

1 comments:

On June 13, 2007 at 8:50 AM , Kate said...

I wish you the very, very best with all of this. I think that being your own advocate is a really good thing!