The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

CD 1...New Beginnings


CD1...while I would normally be upset at the conclusion of another failed cycle, today I am hopeful. Hopeful of what is to come with our first IVF cycle, while also scared about all of the intricate details. I have already contacted my IVF nurse that will see us through the next few weeks, and tomorrow I start bcp's for 21 days. I have been waiting for this day actually, anxious to start on this new road that will hopefully lead us to the end result that we have been longing for.

Right now in my mind I equate IVF to 'the big game'. The stakes are high, there are plenty of spectators, and my competitive spirit will not accept anything less than a win. The pills allow us some time to get our heads in the game and to prepare for both the best and the worst outcomes. At this very moment, on the eve of popping my first birth control pill (you must admit - it is quite humorous), I am casting my stone of hope into the water. I am going to hope like hell that it makes a ripple and that we are rewarded with waves of goodness and ultimately a bfp.

I am going to absorb any good wishes that you all have at the moment, as well as any advice for this first go round. I am absolutely wishing for this to be a one time event...one that brings a wonderful, already loved child(ren) to us, and that will fill our hearts with the joys of being parents.
File Under:

7 comments:

On July 21, 2007 at 7:39 AM , AwkwardMoments said...

i consider it the big game as well. I wish you lots of good fortune and ultimate BFP as an end result - Can't wait to watch and cheer you along this journey - blessings

 
On July 22, 2007 at 9:35 AM , Baby Blues said...

Good luck on your upcoming IVF! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so excited for you.

 
On July 22, 2007 at 7:46 PM , FattyPants said...

No advice here, just tons of wishes for a positive outcome!

 
On July 23, 2007 at 3:13 AM , Baby Blues said...

Just keeping it cozy. Please email me at babybluebabbles@yahoo.com so I could invite you to view my blog.

 
On July 23, 2007 at 8:09 AM , Kate said...

I will be thinking about you a lot! I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful journey for you. :)

 
On July 23, 2007 at 9:05 AM , sharah said...

Whoo hoo! Cheering you on as you start this cycle!

 
On July 23, 2007 at 3:28 PM , Lindsey said...

good luck, good luck, good luck! I am hopeful for you as well. I'll cast my stone for you, and hope it brings you a big wave of happiness.