The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

CD 7 and the Immaculate Mule


Things here on the home front are pretty quiet. I am popping my birth control pills daily, along with my prenatals and an antibiotic. I am a virtual pez dispenser at this point. This is basically the calm before the storm and I really can't wait for the storm. We have an appt. scheduled on 8/6 for a pre-lupron u/s and then the first round of shots will commence. It looks like I will go back on 8/15 for a baseline u/s and then we will be starting the stims. The ball is starting to roll, so that feels like progress and as anyone knows in this situation - doing something, anything, is where it's at.

Now on to other things...


Remember the days before IF when you would say to yourself, "if a mule gets pregnant before me I am going to be pissed"? Sound familiar??? Okay, no one has ever
really said that to themselves but there has been an amazing event in the mule community. There was a little story on NPR today about the discovery of a female mule that gave birth in April. This is an extremely odd occurrence because by nature, mules are infertile (uneven number of chromosomes). The baby has been tested and genetically linked to the 'mother mule' but it is yet to be determined if the baby is a mule, a donkey, or a chimera. Interesting stuff. I haven't found a mule IF blog on Blogger, but maybe there is one to be found on WordPress (I will let you know).

Lesson for the day - all things are possible!
File Under:

8 comments:

On July 27, 2007 at 6:25 AM , Baby Blues said...

Sure sucks to be a mule! :-) Interesting info.

 
On July 27, 2007 at 8:08 AM , Kate said...

I heard that story! I had the same thoughts. Keep popping those pills! :)

 
On July 27, 2007 at 10:02 AM , AwkwardMoments said...

Oh, never knew that - thanks for learning me today ;) good luck on teh bcp - farah

 
On July 28, 2007 at 11:17 AM , Natalie said...

I never knew they were infertile, but that's a pretty cool story. Odd...

 
On July 30, 2007 at 3:43 PM , FattyPants said...

I learned something new today!

Its strange but I'm nervous for you...must be nerve wracking to know the storm is coming.

 
On July 31, 2007 at 11:35 AM , Matthew M. F. Miller said...

Matthew M. F. Miller says:All animals suffer the same. I think sometimes people forget that we're animals, too, and just because we're blessed with opposable thumbs doesn't really make us more complex.

Just a bit more capable.

 
On August 1, 2007 at 9:46 PM , Lindsey said...

Now that is something to chew on (the mule tidbit, of course, not the upcoming IVF). Sending you good thoughts!

 
On August 1, 2007 at 10:43 PM , Cibele said...

Loved the post... all things are possible indeed!!!