
I got anxious this morning and decided to call the doctor's office around 11:30 to see if I could find out the results of our fert report. Naturally, they were busy at the time and I had to leave a message. The husband and I went to lunch around 12:15 and no sooner than we had sat down, the phone rang:
18 fertilized
1 potential for fertilization (too early to tell)
3 discards
We both sat in awe at lunch. 18 little embryos at this very moment belong to us...amazing. Being a realist, I know that not all of those 18 are going to make it, but for this one moment I allowed myself to marvel at what we had accomplished.
I am to start my oral medications and progesterone injections tomorrow and wait to hear from a nurse regarding a potential time for transfer on Friday. It sounds like my doctor is leaning towards a day 5 transfer, so Friday will probably be a wash but who really cares right now??!? We have the proof that we need, to know that it IS possible - we CAN create life. Now whether or not life can be sustained is still up in the air, but I am floating on that same air this very minute.
11 comments:
I am SO excited about these results, and soon you will have one or more of those little ones inside growing to be something even more :)
18 is simply FANTASTIC. I hope it means you get to go to day 5, but really, truly, don't despair if you don't.
I'm so excited for you.
FABULOUS is all I can say!!!!!
I'm so happy for you! Good job, 18 is a great number.
Oh 18 is a lovely number ;) How very exciting for you!
Holy Moly! 22 eggs and 18 fertilized! FABULOUS! Congratulations!
That is completely INCREDIBLE! A whopping 18 is so exciting. I hope things continue to go with such hope, such positive data.
That is GREAT! Yay!!!!
Great results! So happy for you!
18 is amazing!!! WOW! It is a crazy feeling to know we finally created life, so powerful. Keep floating on air! You deserve it!
EIGHTEEN! WOOT!