The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

CD 19 - Hit Me With Your Best Shot


We went to visit the doctor lady on Monday and my u/s looked good - no cysts anywhere around. Immediately after my appointment, we met with our IVF nurse for a quick refresher on how to play doctor at home (=me panicking while husband shoots me up). It all seemed relatively easy while in the office so I think I felt a little bold by the time we headed home.

After a few moments of prodding by my husband, we headed upstairs for my first injection. I must say it really went well and he did a great job. I could feel the needle going in, but it never hurt....huge sigh of relief. I can do this. I can absolutely do this.

So my next appointment is on 8.15 to check for cysts again, and then if all is okay we will be starting the stimulation medications. 2 shots a day...I can do this. I can absolutely do this.

2 Lupron shots down, and tonight my husband while in conversation says to me, "my soon to be, almost pregnant wife". Those few words caused me to pause for a moment (a
pregnant pause you might say). For some reason that particular phrase being materialized into existence was both frightening and exciting. Could that really be a possibility? I can't get there yet, but I have begun researching some visualization and meditation options for our upcoming procedures. I really need to convince myself that this is possible and be able to envision myself with a bona fide baby bump. I can do this too. I can absolutely do this.

Right now, however, I am going to hold up my end of the bargain and write down the things that I both love and hate because I have been tagged by Farah:

10 Things that I Love:
1) My husband and my dog Heidi. Without a doubt my husband is the best man that I have ever met, and in him I see my present and my future...our future. Heidi is just the best dog ever and I can't imagine life without her. At the present moment, she is my only baby (I don't think she minds so much).
2) My mother and sister. They are two women that I greatly respect and both bring me tremendous joy and appreciation for life. Plus, my sister had my nephew who is just the most amazing little boy. Family is great.
3) My friends. Hands down, I have some of the best friends ever. We are all quite different, but I love what each and every one of them represents and I feel their love in return.
4) I love to travel. I have been able to see and experience some great places, and there are still so many places yet to be traversed.
5) I love the people that I have met on this journey - in 'real' life and online. If ever there were doubts about humanity, the various people that have supported me throughout this struggle have restored my faith in all things human.
6) I love documentaries. I mean, I absolutely LOVE them. Life and the people who live it are so extremely fascinating to me.
7) I do love shopping - how cliche.
8) I love wrapping presents. I really think that what you get someone is important, but the wrapping is just as important.
9) I love animals and would like to have a dog rescue someday.
10) I love my future children.

10 Things That I Hate:
1) IF. Enough said.
2) I hate people who mistreat animals.
3) I hate slow drivers. I secretly have a serious case of road rage.
4) I hate people who can't act like adults.
5) I hate closed minded individuals.
6) I hate the fast pace of life.
7) I hate that my Granny isn't around any longer to share life with and to make me laugh.
8) I hate that I have difficulty living in the moment.
9) I hate that I work on someone else's clock.
10) I hate that I am not pregnant right now.
File Under:

5 comments:

On August 8, 2007 at 6:50 AM , AwkwardMoments said...

YAH for no cysts!! nd Super that there is not alot of pain involved from the shot so far!! You absolutely can "do this"!! Can't wait to read all about it! Thanks for doing hte 10 things list - It's a fun way to get to know eachother on the "other side of the screen"

 
On August 8, 2007 at 7:49 AM , Kate said...

I am so excited! You are on your way and I can't wait! :)

 
On August 8, 2007 at 1:15 PM , Unknown said...

I can definitely envision you with a baby bump. I don't think there is anyone on this planet with a bigger place in their heart for a family, so I know you can do this. Miss you, love you, see you soon.

 
On August 8, 2007 at 2:36 PM , FattyPants said...

YES, you can absolutely do this.

 
On August 8, 2007 at 4:23 PM , Lindsay G said...

I agree with Nick, my soon to be, almost pregnant sister. You can absolutely do it! I love you.