The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

CD 67 - Zero


Whoever originally said that one is the loneliest number has never waited on a falling beta. I did one more (sigh) blood draw this morning to see where my hcg was at currently, and it came back negative so I am officially back at zero. Despite waiting on this to happen for about two weeks now, there was a slight sting in getting the message and it hit me how badly I did not want to score so poorly. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Ouch.

I wanted to get the doctor's opinion on what we should do next and she recommended a frozen cycle. So a frozen cycle is what we will do and I hope that our three little ones on ice will make it to thaw, and ultimately, into our lives. I would gladly take all three. I no longer have a preference or ideal image of creating new life. That has all been removed (stolen rather) and I can be content with whatever is meant to be.

We will now wait so that I can have a period ('have' sounds so nice, doesn't it?) and then will start on the protocol for a frozen embryo transfer (FET). I know that I have said this before, but please, please, please let this be it.
File Under:

11 comments:

On September 25, 2007 at 8:15 AM , Kate said...

I hope that it is it. I am so sorry for this pain that you are going through.

 
On September 25, 2007 at 8:58 AM , AwkwardMoments said...

I am sorry more was stolen from you ... thinking of you

 
On September 25, 2007 at 10:11 AM , M said...

Glad you finally hit zero and can move on. I understand what it is like to have it sting though. I have heard some wonderful success stories with FET's, and I hope you are another.

 
On September 25, 2007 at 10:28 AM , Natalie said...

Ugh, those #'s blow no matter how ready you are for them. Here's hoping the three make it through the thaw to give you options.

 
On September 25, 2007 at 10:38 AM , Erin said...

I'm so glad you're finally on to the next step. I will be cheering you and the 3 frosties along during this cycle!

 
On September 26, 2007 at 5:48 PM , nickoletta100 said...

A fresh start at 0 filled with pain. It just sucks. May your FET be the one, let the hope begin.

 
On September 26, 2007 at 7:08 PM , lub said...

Please, please, please be it. I hope your FET goes well. You took the words out of my mouth- its all about stolen dreams.

 
On September 26, 2007 at 10:45 PM , FattyPants said...

I'm still so heartbroken for you. I just cannot believe it didn't work. I will be praying that this fet works for you.

 
On September 27, 2007 at 9:02 AM , Kristen said...

I know what you mean about the sting of ZERO. I wanted to go back to normal but hearing it made it really sink in that my baby was gone. I was empty.

I am so sorry about your sadness. I hope peace finds you soon. XOXO

 
On October 2, 2007 at 5:43 PM , Wordgirl said...

I've just found my way to your blog -- but my heart and thoughts are with you.


Pam

 
On October 4, 2007 at 10:19 PM , lltanderson said...

i'm so sorry you've had to endure this wait.

i'm wishing you lots and lots and lots of good thaw and sticky vibes.

-lori