Posted 11:37 PM by
Courtney
First off - many, many thanks to all of you that have been reading, commenting, praying, and just keeping us in your thoughts. Your words have helped to heal and support us. We have had some dark moments since yesterday, but I think the clouds are starting to part and we are creeping back out of the shadows. We have had some time to grieve what might have been, and together the husband and I have talked things through. And then today, this...
This picture is of the necklace that my wonderful, loving, always there for me husband gave me this evening. He had a business meeting with a local jeweler and in the process purchased this for me. Despite being completely surprised, I broke down in tears when he told me what the pendant symbolizes. He said, "it is a tree of life necklace and it represents new beginnings". I couldn't hold it together at that point and I think we shared a few tears.
This is the exact moment that I knew everything would be okay. It is not the actual item that comforts me, but the meaning behind it and the thoughtfulness and care that was taken to pick it out. This is a new beginning for us. We have come farther than ever before and there is no turning back now.
While we don't have a child yet to call our own, we do have our love. That love means more to me that anything else in this world and being without the one thing we are so diligently striving for, I still feel like an extremely lucky woman.
19 comments:
Beautiful!
It's beautiful, how very thoughtful :) So sorry to hear of the low beta result.
oh how wonderful
I'm so sorry to read of your first IVF results. But you are correct, you have one hell of a DH. Hold onto each other in this tough time. It's so wonderful and amazing that you have such a great support system. Thinking of you.
What an amazing husband you've got there.
I'm so impressed by your strength together.
That is so wonderful!
you have an extra special DH! what a beautiful locket, and what a beautiful person to put so much thought and love into selecting it just for you.
hoping the clouds continue to part and that you can bask in the resulting light,
-lori
What a beautiful sentiment. And such timing. Wed evening was the beginning of Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year (ironic even if you aren't Jewish). This holiday celebrates the end of the year (including its sadnesses and disappointments) and the hope for health, happiness and joy in the new one. See Mel's post at Stirrup Queens for more about new beginnings.
Wishing you better times to come.
Moxie, I'm so sorry. I was hoping this was going to be it for you guys. Give your hubby a squeeze for me for being such a loving, considerate guy. Then give yourself a hug for me, since my arms won't reach that far.
You never said, but did any of your embryos make it to freeze?
That is so beautiful--the necklace, AND the thought and meaning behind it.
What a wonderful dh you have. Thinking of you...
I just found your site through Lost and Found. I am so, so sorry. I am going through your hell right now, battling my fifth chemical pregnancy as we speak. I am glad that you have such a wonderful DH and that you can lean on each other through this awful time. I am sending thoughts and prayers your way.
Nicholas always says and does the perfect thing. I'm so glad you have each other. I can't wait to see the necklace in person. It's beautiful.
It is beautiful....meaning and all. I am so glad you can remember how important your love together is. That is totally how my hubby and I have gotten through. He is definitely my rock.
What a wonderful husband and what a beautiful gift.
That is one amazing man you have. The necklace and sentiment are beautiful!
Big hugs from this side of the internet for you and your amazing husband.
What a keeper (both the hubby and the necklace).
I'm so glad you have such strength and resilience through all of this.
Still sending my hopes for those 3 frozens.
You ARE very lucky to have such a wonderful husband. The necklace is beautiful, and the thoughtfulness behind it doubly so. I have been praying for you guys and will continue to.