The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

CD 10 - Estrogen Mania


There really isn't a whole lot to report in my world. I have upped my estrogen pills to three a day, and that is...well, that is something I guess. Is it possible to be an IVF junkie? I have only done one of these things, and I find that pills alone aren't giving me the fix that I need and/or want.

What I am finding, however, is that I am feeling extremely bitchy. My guess is the pills are responsible for that. I felt pretty much annoyed at everyone within a 5 mile radius of myself today at work, and for what? I am looking at only a couple more weeks of this and I can only hope that I don't run over anyone in the process. It could be a close call for a few.

On the sunnier side of life, my husband turned 30 over the weekend and I helped host a party for both him and another friend of ours. It was quite a bit of fun and one of those things where I didn't feel 'without'.

When you get a chance, swing by to say congratulations and share some good thoughts with both Farah and Quest for a baby. They both received positives this week and are deserving of some blog land love. :) Congratulations ladies!
File Under:

7 comments:

On October 26, 2007 at 7:36 AM , AwkwardMoments said...

I think that if you run over anyone , it's excusable if you are taking fertility treatments .. new law being passed! Ah 30 - Grats to your husband! I hope those pills are nicer to you in days ahead.

 
On October 26, 2007 at 8:10 AM , Kate said...

My friend's nurse told her she should "try to stay home and avoid people"! Happy b-day to your husband!

 
On October 26, 2007 at 9:18 AM , Courtney said...

The name Courtney must jinx us for infertility.
Thought I'd say hi, and that it is ok to be bitchy-we have a reason!!

 
On October 26, 2007 at 9:27 AM , Laura said...

I blame all of my bitchiness on my fertility meds. :) I figure it is the best excuse - who is going to argue with us?

Happy b-day to your husband!

 
On October 26, 2007 at 9:50 AM , M said...

I am with you in that it doesn't feel like things are moving...but hopefully they will start getting fun very soon!!!

I cannot wait for your transfer.

Happy Birthday to your Hubby!!!

 
On October 27, 2007 at 5:58 AM , lub said...

Thanks so much for the mention! I haven't been by Farrah yet either so what a surprise!!! I hope you are able to get your fix in the IVF process soon and you get good news this month. I am pulling for you!!!

 
On October 27, 2007 at 10:21 AM , Chastity said...

My estrogen patches made me VERY emotional and tired. I felt like I could cry at the drop of a hat, which is not like me. Good luck!!