
We went for our u/s today and I will start off by saying that there were no cysts and everything looked 'perfect' according to the doctor. Prior to receiving this news, we were posed with a dilemma that might take us some time to figure out.
One of the IVF nurses came into the exam room and had us sign releases for the frozen transfer before we saw the doctor. She asked how many embryos we were planning to transfer and we told her all three. When our doctor came in, she fairly quickly started off by saying that she would recommend transferring two embryos. My husband was not satisfied with this conservative answer, and he felt the need to talk statistics with her. It felt a little tense in the room for a moment while the question and answer session was conducted. Ultimately the doctor did say it was our decision. I got to see my chart from the IVF lab and it looks like the quality of the frozen blasts ended up being possibly better than the ones we had transferred on our fresh cycle. We will have to make some kind of decision before 11/8 or 11/9 because that is when they feel we will be going in for transfer.
Obviously this is a weighted decision and I don't think we will have an answer tomorrow. For now I will just pop my pills and relish in the fact that my rear is clear of shots for a couple of weeks.
12 comments:
Congrats on being clear of cysts!!! And yay on the shot free behind, for now.
I'm sure that whichever you choose, you will make the right decision. Good luck!
That's great!!!
I am glad that things are "all clear". Decision making inthis whole process is exasterbating (sp?) thinking of you
Yay-no cysts!
We have 3 frozen waiting for us...and I have been very clear that we will be putting back ALL 3 if they all make it through the thaw!
Its a tough decision-I know you all will come to the one that is right for you!
Congrats on the greenlight to move ahead. I know its a deeply personal decision, but if all three look ready to go then I would go for it.
Happy to hear there are no cysts or other issues to get in the way.
You have time to think about your decision - certainly at least until the lining check in a couple of weeks.
I made the IVF nurses look up the stats for the prior two years - how many positive betas, how many actual successful pregnancies, what percentage of singletons/twins/triplets.
That's what it took for me to be ok with our RE's decision to do 3.
Good luck.
I just wanted to say hello -- and thank you for your kind words on my blog --
I'm glad to hear that it's possible to be cyst free! I'm on that current chapter right now -- (resolving the buggers).
Best to you!
Pam
Glad your cycle is a go. I have heard that 2 vs 3 is a common toss up among doctors and patients. I would go with your gut. Good luck and I know you will make the best decision for you two. I am glad that they are doing so well!
Moving forward is always easier than hurry up and wait. I'm glad you are at the forward part of the cycle.
As far as the embie choice, that is a toughie for sure. Sounds like your hubby had already been set on 3, so the Dr's opinion mus have come as a surprise. Fortunately, it is ultimately your decision, your body, your money. I hope the decision comes easily to you.
Woohoo - glad to hear it!
Well, I'd go with the very conservative "1", but I'm just very risk-adverse.
Just as a reminder, taking on 3 versus 2 won't increase the pregnancy rate, just the rate of multiples. Good luck!
Yay for no cysts!