
The upside for today: I went for my appointment this morning and my lining measured in at 10.8 mm. This means we have a green light for transfer next week! I was able to go have my blood drawn today to check my progesterone, and it came back fine so I will start injections tomorrow night as planned. For this I am so thankful and happy that we are moving along again. I informed the IVF nurse that we have decided on transferring the 3 embryos that we have frozen. I am already feeling the 'push back' from what the doctor would prefer to do, but I am digging in and not changing my mind. We are ready. Ready for 1 baby. Ready for 2 babies. Ready for 3 (wincing) babies. Ready and willing.
The downside for today: I got a phone call this afternoon to let me know that a friend of a friend lost her baby today. She was due in two weeks. The friend that called had gone to this couple's baby shower just last weekend. And now...heartbeart is gone, nowhere to be found. My heart aches for this person even though I don't know her well. I know that they had already endured a loss several months ago and now this. This trumps everything else, hands down. Knowing how hard it is to get there. To that one place we all so desperately want to be. And now the rug has been pulled. Hard. If you can spare a moment, please put this couple and that little one in your thoughts.
7 comments:
I am excited that things are moving along and you have a plan.
The news of your friend, just makes me weep- I am so sorry that stories like this exist. It just is so unjust.
Oh my god, that story is just so awful - two weeks away? Fuck.
Thinking good thoughts for your transfer though and hoping it goes well.
Oh my. That sucks big time. I will pray for them. I am also thinking positive thoughts for your transfer next week. Congrats on the thick lining!
I am so glad you ave the transfer next week! Woohoo!
I am so sorry to hear the other story. That is so terrible.
Yippee for the moving along in the cycle...transfer will be here before you know it.
Many condolences and prayers going out for your friend...how heart wrenching.
My husband has said that next time we have a go at it that she should have them transfer three as well, of course we only have four frozen, so we know based on our last FET that there probably won't actually be three that make it to transfer, but it's still a consideration. I'm not sure what my doctor would say. Anyway, I'm rambling, but good luck convincing your doc that this is what you want.
Glad you have a GREEN light. We hope that all 3 of ours will unfreeze properly too--and all 3 WILL be going back in=)
I am so sorry for your friends loss--what a gut wrenching thing to go through.