The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

CD 22 - Get In Shape Girl


My husband and I joined a gym about 4 months ago. It was really easy because the gym wasn't even open yet, so we just signed on the dotted line and paid our initiation fee. The place opened last month and we have been faithfully going 3 times a week since.


I have been a member of a gym before, but it was mostly wasted money because I couldn't find the motivation to go. It seems that with my husband in tow, it is easier and more fun (did I say that?). We have been going to a fitness yoga class on Monday nights and while we have a LONG way to go, we are both enjoying ourselves. Tonight we are going to go again, and it will be a nice departure from the eliptical contraption that I get on when not in class.


I am planning on making Wednesday night my last night at the gym for a couple of weeks in an attempt to keep the little ones safe and sound. It will probably put me back at zero in terms of what I have already accomplished in the gym, but the alternative is far more appealing.

**Hope you enjoyed the video throwback**

File Under:

8 comments:

On November 5, 2007 at 8:59 PM , AwkwardMoments said...

OMG OMG OMG ... i had that stupid looking outfit and Ribbon and EVERYTHING. my sister and I used to record ourselves doing ribbon routines and gym class. *yes we really WERE/are that dorky. Grats to you 3 times a week..fantastic

 
On November 5, 2007 at 10:09 PM , Natalie said...

Too funny (the video). Good luck with the transfer, hopefully you get to do the 3 you want:-)

 
On November 5, 2007 at 11:35 PM , Chastity said...

I hate to admit that I actually had some of that Get In Shape Girl stuff. I'd have never thought about it for the rest of my life if you hadn't reminded me :).

 
On November 6, 2007 at 6:01 AM , lub said...

I so wanted the Get In Shape girl get up! Thanks for the memory! I don't blame you for taking some time off for the gym. Good for you for going now though! But sit back and let those little ones be safe and sound. :)

 
On November 6, 2007 at 7:08 AM , Mindy said...

Good luck with the transfer and with the doc!

 
On November 6, 2007 at 12:01 PM , JJ said...

Oh wow--that took me back down memory lane!

 
On November 6, 2007 at 5:56 PM , Lindsey said...

I LOVED Get in shape girl. Good times. Good times.
Keep your feet planted firmly where they are. This is your body, your babies, your life, your choice.

 
On November 6, 2007 at 6:32 PM , Kristen said...

Love the video! I hope the transfer goes well on Thursday! I'll be thinking of you.

And kudos for keeping up the gym schedule - I've tried to commit to 3x per week and it is HARD! Even with DH coming, it can be hard when my ovaries feel like boulders. You're doing awesome :)