
First off, I feel the need to apologize for stepping away for the last several days and not commenting on all of the blogs that I would have liked to. Please understand that I have still been a cheerleader, albeit a silent one, but I have been reading every word and wishing the best for all of you. The truth is, I have been scared shitless while waiting for testing day to come around, and was afraid to mutter even a peep.
It sounds like many of you had a fantastic holiday and that makes me so happy. Our Thanksgiving was very nice and we did our usual running around to visit with various family members. It was an untraditional shrimp boil on Wednesday night with my husband's immediate family, a traditional meal on Thursday with my husband's extended family, and tamales and snack food on Friday with my immediate family while watching a storied rivalry in college football (the good food made up for my alma mater's loss). We also paused for a moment to acknowledge Heidi's (my fur baby) 6th birthday...happy birthday little one!
And throughout all of our scurrying about town, we were thankful. Thankful for all that we had, all that we have, and all that we will have. What my husband and I are most thankful for during this holiday season is the new life that we have created, and the absolute hope that it stays with us and flourishes.
Today feels like yet another holiday. It is a personal holiday for me. I survived an entire week (I know, I know it is truly pathetic) and made it to testing day. I thought today would never get here, but it did. I finally got my results back around 4:30 this afternoon, and after I hung up the phone I couldn't help but cry tears of relief:
hcg 3028
progesterone 46.5
And there it is. Happy Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for these numbers because it means that something is happening. It means that I can cherish one more moment, one more day of being pregnant.
16 comments:
Thrilled, thrilled, thrilled for you!! That's a great rise. Hoping for more of the same.
I know that college rivalry loss... i had to eat food to make up for it too.... and i am very thankful for those gret numbers!!!
those are awesome numbers!! congratulations!
BEAUTIFUL!! I love seeing good rising numbers!!!
Yay yay yay for the great numbers!
Don't worry - Nebraska sucked big time on Friday too! I become a Texas fan when we're this bad though. :)
Your numbers are so great! Keep them coming! That game was so STUPID! My dad was ticked off the whole rest of the day. So was I - NOT an Aggie fan. My brother is a UT grad, but I went to Tech. So glad you had a good holiday!!
So fantastic Courtney--wonderful news--sounds like more than one "something" is doing some growing in there!
Absolutely! It's addicting.
To check your referrals, you just need to add a site statistics tracker to your blog (or maybe you already have one??). I use statcounter.com for mine. Basically you go to that site and sign up for your sitemeter thing (it's free). Once you have it created, just copy and paste the code to your blog (it gives you pretty detailed directions). I added mine down at the very bottom, but you can put it wherever, and it doesn't have to be a visible counter if you don't want that.
Once it's all set up, you'll probably have to give it a few days of "hits" for anything too scandalous to appear. :) It will track everything, such as where people are viewing your blog (like what city, state, and country) but it will also show you their "visitor paths" such as what they clicked on to get to your site. There's one particular stat in statcounter called "recent keyword activity" that shows what people searched for to find your blog.
Sorry this is soooooo long! If you have questions, you can email me at uncomplicateme at gmail dot com.
Well Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!
This is great news. I've been sending you love all week. I hope next week is more of the same great news.
Crying for you. Congratulations and HAPPY THANKSgiving!
Woohoo, that's so so SOOOO awesome!
What great numbers! I am so excited for you!!
BTW, I just read your latest comment on my blog and couldn't find an email address for you....that was the first comment I've ever received on a post that's over a year old, lol.
Yay Yay Yay!!!!! great , fantastic numbers... so exciting!!!!! congraulations
Yea!
Yea!
I'm doing a little happy dance in my computer chair.
Courtney those are terrific numbers...
You are in my thoughts,
Pam
Oh, and P.S. -- college football?
Colorado has so sucked for so many years now...I think the last time they won a championship was when I graduated -- OMG 14 years ago????!!!