Thank you all for your positive thoughts and comments. It definitely helps to read the numerous well wishes and let that energy seep in. We need and appreciate every last bit of it.
I decided that I could manage to both pick up my lab slips at the doctor's office and get my blood drawn during my lunch break today. In reality, it took longer. Do I care? No. This is my priority now.
One of my favorite nurses called me after work to congratulate me and address my desire to get a blood test earlier than Friday. I informed her that I already took the liberty to get one done today (I'm a little ahead of the game you could say). Her reply was simply, "Oh". She put me on hold to look for the test results and after a few minutes came back on the line saying that I had "great numbers":
hcg 413
progesterone 29.9
I guess when the nurse went hunting for my test results, she also paged my doctor. The doctor called in when the nurse was filling me in on 'pelvic rest' (no straining, etc.) and so I obliged to listen to the horrid hold music once again. When the nurse returned, she said that my doctor feels my numbers are "perfect" and to "not stress". Ha! The doc apparently stressed to the nurse that I really need to hold off until the next test (in a week...aaahhhh).
For now I will listen to doctor's orders and be positive about today's numbers. I can't say that I won't stress, but I am going to try like hell not to. For this moment in time, I am pregnant.
13 comments:
wooo hoo .. you are doing great. Yes, you are pregnant
Your numbers rock woman!
Breathe in...Breathe out...repeat until further notice.
Congrats!!!!
Congrats!!! Enjoy right now, we don't get these moments often, but when we do, it is worth celebrating!
Those are great numbers!!
Yay for good numbers! You have every right to be excited! :)
Yippee!! Great news. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!
Just peachy....those are great numbers!!! :D
HI, I lurk.
Congratulations. Your numbers do look good but I understand wanting new blood work sooner. You did it. You are pregnant! It's pretty amazing.
Amber
those are AWESOME numbers, courtney! so happy for you!
hope you get a relaxing happy thanksgiving!
-lori
Those are fantastic numbers!!! YAY!!! You are really pregnant!!!! Enjoy this!
That 413 is nearly double the first result! Those numbers are fantastic!
I like the way you're wording it - for this moment, I am pregnant. It sounds really positive and content which is so so good. Good luck holding out for the week:-)
Happy Dance for my fellow namesake, happy dance-do dah do dah. This Thanksgiving will be extra special for you all!!