
6.2 - as in 6 weeks, 2 days. I am six weeks and two days pregnant. I got my blood test results this afternoon:
hcg 18,134
progesterone 31.5
Can you hear the audible whooshing of my sigh of relief? Can you feel the weight of my shoulders lower and even out? Can you imagine the width of the smile on my face? It is all there. Every last little bit is there. And for the current state of things, we are incredibly thankful and happy.
Our ultrasound is scheduled for this Friday. I am terrified and elated all at the same time. The numbers have been able to do what they are supposed to do, but visually will we have the same fate? I am going to be overly positive and hope that the visual proof of this pregnancy follows suit. I do have to go for one more blood draw, but not to check hcg. In fact, I get to cross the hcg line off the lab slip altogether. I need to have my progesterone and estrogen levels checked again to see if I will be getting off the supplemental medications anytime soon.
So that is that. I need to come out of the shadows just a little bit with the update that we got today, and hopefully more so once we see that we have all of the necessary parts to grow a baby (or two). I need to stop lurking on all of your blogs and start commenting on a regular basis again. Embracing this whole thing is what I need to do. If I don't wrap my arms around this, then it could very well disappear without me ever feeling like I was in the moment. I will do my best.
On another note, my sister is now in the hospital and is most likely set to deliver on Wednesday. She has a kidney disease and her protein levels have now gotten too high, which can create some dangerous scenarios for both her and the baby. She was originally due to deliver on 1/17, so this is early (34 weeks currently). The baby seems to be doing really well, but I know this has to be stressful to wait and see what happens after she arrives. My sister got a steroid shot this evening and will get another one tomorrow to help grow Finley's little lungs. Please keep them in your thoughts and send positive energy for a safe delivery, a healthy baby, and a healthy sister. Thank you.
*I need to participate in the 'Blog You Very Much' post, as well as responding to Alison's tag, and I promise to get on that tomorrow.
8 comments:
Yay, I'm so happy for you that your #'s are good and things are progressing along well.
I also really appreciate the support you've been doling out to me and my whiny self of late - it's appreciated my blog friend:-)
wooo hooo thank you for updating! I am glad all things in utero are going well!!! Can't wait for your u/s ...This is just such a really Raw emotional time for you and hubby and growing baby(ies). Enjoy it .. breath freely. The air is good.
Praying for your sister and baby! What a very stressfull time
Great news about your hCG. Hoping at Friday's u/s you see that flicker that fills your heart.
Hoping your sister and her baby do ok on Wednesday.
Oh Courtney Im so happy things are looking SO good--you give me HOPE!
Glad you will be able to do a BYVM post--just let me know when its ready, and Ill add you to the list! Thanks for doing that!
Cant wait to hear about how Friday goes!
Those numbers are an excellent sign and I am sure you will have good news at the ultrasound. I'll say a prayer for your sister - I hope everything turns out ok!
You deserve this happiness. This time next year you will have a Christmas baby :) What is your due date? Sometime in July???
I am so happy about the wonderful numbers! I was thinking of you all day yesterday hoping they were where you wanted them to be. Can't wait until Friday!
I will keep your sister in my thoughts. 34 weeks is early, but chances are Finley will be fine. I hope your sister recovers well and please keep us updated on that.
Yay for all the wonderful news! I'm sending prayers for your sister and the baby.
Can't wait for the u/s Friday!