The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

First OB Appt


Today was our first OB appointment, and while everything went really well it was all just really, really weird. Lots of congratulations from various people in the office and even some of the same from a couple in the elevator as we were leaving. As I have seen on the blogs many times before, it truly felt a lot like an out of body experience.

We were able to get another glimpse at our little one, and this time we got to have an abdominal u/s. It was so nice to not have to drop trow for once (at least during that part of the appointment)! Everything looks good and so for now we exhale. We are, however, posed with the difficult decision of whether or not to have the nuchal fold screening. We are going to take some time to talk out the pros and cons and then get back with our doctor after the holidays.

Despite all of the above goodness, the holiday pressure cooker has been turned on and is gaining steam. I am caught up in the web of present buying, card mailing, house straightening, and just all around getting my crap together. Ahhhh...the fun of the holidays.

I hope that the holidays for all of you are as stress free as possible and that nothing but happiness is brought to your homes and hearts.

File Under:

10 comments:

On December 19, 2007 at 9:25 AM , Anonymous said...

Aww, yay for a great u/s! Wishing you lots of peace for the holidays! :)

 
On December 19, 2007 at 10:12 AM , Amanda said...

Abdominal u/s? What's that? Haha!

Yay for the great u/s!

I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you two as far as the NT scan goes.

Merry Christmas!

 
On December 19, 2007 at 10:41 AM , Natalie said...

Yay for a great appointment. That's v. cool.

And no, I haven't POAS yet.

 
On December 19, 2007 at 11:00 AM , AwkwardMoments said...

I am glad that your OB appointment went well and its always gret to sneak a peak of the lil one! I hope the same for you in the holiday season.

 
On December 19, 2007 at 5:59 PM , nickoletta100 said...

YAY for your fist OB appt!!! That is wonderful!!!

 
On December 19, 2007 at 7:04 PM , Meg said...

Every post seems more and more re-assuring and you seem a little more relaxed. Although I completely understand where you are and each day is a new day....you had an excellent visit, yay!

 
On December 19, 2007 at 9:54 PM , Chastity said...

As much as I looked forward to my second trimester and getting to go to the OB/GYN, I felt so out of place sitting in the huge waiting room with all the other pregnant women, all of which I was sure had gotten pregnant accidentally while on birth control, lol. It took me a while to get used to it.

 
On December 20, 2007 at 9:17 AM , Kate said...

Congrats on your "graduation"! I loved having the NT screening. It was really interesting and provided a lot of comfort to M and I. Plus, any chance to see the baby, right?!

 
On December 20, 2007 at 9:35 AM , lub said...

Congratulations on a great u/s! Happy holidays to you too (three ha ha)! :)

 
On January 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM , Kate said...

Hey - just checking in to see how you are doing and to make sure everything is ok!