The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

19.1 Weirdness


Awhile back, Chicklet tagged me to tell 6 different things about myself that basically make me interesting/weird. So without further ado, here are my 6:

1) I played lots of sports in high school. I also have worn contact lenses for quite some time. While in high school, I lost one of my contacts and after practicing basketball for a few days with only one contact, I became convinced that my shooting aim was better. So...I wore one contact during much of my high school sports career.

2) When using the loo, I like to make sure that I leave the first piece on the roll of toilet paper in a nice straight line. Can anyone say OCD????

3) My husband and I actually attended the same schools from the time we both were in the first grade, but oddly never traversed the same social circles. We connected when we were in college, and unbeknownst to us, moved in next door to each other.

4) Several years ago when my hair was permed I had two different people think I was Chelsea Clinton on the same day. One was a cop who was giving me a speeding ticket, and the other was a random man in a grocery store who actually came over to see for himself. Uh, thanks.

5) I'm left handed, but shoot a basketball right handed, throw a ball left handed, bowl left handed, and swing a bat or golf club right handed.

6) I do not like strawberries - even chocolate covered ones.


I need to get back on the blog wheel, and will try to get another post out soon. In the meantime, please make sure you hop on over to Kate's blog and tell her congratulations on the birth of her beautiful son, Luke!
File Under:

7 comments:

On March 2, 2008 at 11:13 PM , Natalie said...

The single contact thing is hilarious!

 
On March 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM , AwkwardMoments said...

you are so funny - I miss your blogginess!! Write when you can

 
On March 3, 2008 at 2:47 PM , Kate said...

Thanks! :) You are almost halfway there!

 
On March 3, 2008 at 9:16 PM , lltanderson said...

what fun little tidbits to learn about you! i, too, am loving the sports-defined contact habit. i think we need a separate post about how you and you DH finally got together; the fact that you knew each other all your lives and ended up moving in next door to each other is intriguing!

 
On March 4, 2008 at 3:12 PM , Cibele said...

Nice to hear from you again and learn more about you.

 
On March 5, 2008 at 7:34 PM , lub said...

I love your stories! How's the bambino?

 
On March 6, 2008 at 10:57 AM , Wordgirl said...

Chelsea? Is that you?

That'd be a very interesting blog topic -- who is it that people have told you they reminded you of....


hmmmnnnnn