The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

5 + 20 = A Wonderful Combination

Today is an extremely significant day for our family. Five years ago we were just about to walk down the aisle to become husband and wife. I couldn't have been more excited, and the event itself represented a year's worth of planning. Our wedding went perfectly and at the end of the evening it was just the two of us, settled into our love. Those memories of happiness flood back to me today, with additional contentment knowing that I could not be married to a more perfect man. My husband, my pillar of strength through the good and the bad, he really is beyond all comparison. Tears come to me now as I think about all he has done to tend and care for our precious love. Though we have been faced with some challenges (namely one in particular which brought me to this blog) our love has come through more beautifully and stronger than ever. To my absolute best friend, my partner, the one whom I seek refuge from the rest of the world, thank you. Thank you for all you have given me and for helping me to be the best person I can be. My love for you is eternal...
Today is also significant because the love of my life and I mark 20 weeks of pregnancy which means we are halfway through the uphill climb. While there is still much uncertainty, it feels so incredibly good to be in this place. Our little one is moving and growing each day, and those little reassurances cannot be measured. I think the expanse of my heart at this moment is also immeasurable as well. As I take each breath today, and each day ahead, let me never forget how I feel right at this very second.
File Under:

17 comments:

On March 8, 2008 at 6:11 PM , Anonymous said...

So, so sweet. What a great day for you! Congrats!

 
On March 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM , AwkwardMoments said...

such a sweet sweet day! You two are so beautiful! Happy Anniversary and Happy 1/2 way there

*love the new background

 
On March 8, 2008 at 7:23 PM , Chastity said...

Congrats on your anniversary and of course on making it to the halfway mark!

 
On March 8, 2008 at 8:47 PM , lltanderson said...

what beautiful pictures! congratulations on both milestones. your DH is a lucky guy, and it sounds like you are a lucky woman!

 
On March 8, 2008 at 9:15 PM , Natalie said...

Well done - nicely put:-) And cute wedding photo too.

 
On March 8, 2008 at 10:22 PM , JJ said...

A great day on both accounts--congrats!=)

 
On March 9, 2008 at 11:42 AM , Larisa said...

Beautiful! Happy Anniversary and happy, happy 20 weeks.

 
On March 9, 2008 at 11:53 AM , Kate said...

Happy Anniversary and happy 20 weeks! Just think - the next five years will be a new chapter - as a family!

 
On March 9, 2008 at 1:57 PM , Lindsey said...

Yay! Congratulations on both accounts.
I am so very,very glad for you and the mister

 
On March 9, 2008 at 2:51 PM , nickoletta100 said...

Happy anniversary and congrats on 20 weeks!!!

 
On March 9, 2008 at 9:21 PM , Meg said...

What wonderful celebration you have! You are so aware of the uncertainty and do not take a second of this wonderful time for grated...that is something I hope to have too.

Love the new background!

 
On March 10, 2008 at 5:05 PM , Courtney said...

Oh wonderful Courtney!!
I am dying to know the sex of the baby-am I missing something??

 
On March 12, 2008 at 10:18 AM , Laura said...

Congratulations!

 
On March 13, 2008 at 5:12 PM , lub said...

What a beautiful sentiment to your hubby and a beautiful baby! Can't wait to hear more!

 
On March 18, 2008 at 8:19 PM , Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
On March 21, 2008 at 9:14 PM , Cibele said...

indeed a wonderful conbinations. Congratulations!!

 
On March 25, 2008 at 10:44 AM , Wordgirl said...

What a lovely remodel on your page...and what beautiful photos...

Oh I hope you're well out there in blogland...


Warm thoughts to you,

Pam