The laughter, tears, and anomalies of trying to create a family and a place in this world. There are no guarantees.

One Year Ago Today...


One year ago today, I had these three seemingly perfect embryos transferred to my womb. It was against the doctor's advice but we decided to take our own path, not wanting to transfer two and leave one lonely little being on ice.

These three embryos were not the first. There were two that took up residence in my uterus before them. Those previous two did not stay. And we cried with hurt and despair. Of the three that were transferred a year ago today, only one, a very special one, decided to stick around. One beautiful and resilient little piece of hope opted to stay with us and put our pessimism to rest. And we cried and rejoiced, with the knowledge that our personal choice was the right one.

A year ago today, our life turned a very difficult corner. One that we are forever grateful for. A year ago today, while not yet having a name or even a certainty of a real existence, our hope became Eisley.
File Under:

6 comments:

On November 8, 2008 at 12:21 PM , chicklet said...

OMG, that's a beautiful picture! And I don't know if I've said it before, but I love the name - great great name:-0

 
On November 8, 2008 at 4:48 PM , Chastity said...

Isn't it amazing that we have pictures of our kids at that stage?? I look at my babyies' embryo pics and then I look over at them, and it's just crazy that they're the same being.

 
On November 9, 2008 at 8:13 PM , Cibele said...

what a difference one year makes... congratulations.

 
On November 10, 2008 at 10:20 AM , Lindsey said...

Wow! Hard to believe how far around you've come in one year. I love the picture of Eisley. She's just beautiful!

Lucky you.

 
On November 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM , Kate said...

So beautiful :)

 
On November 11, 2008 at 10:59 AM , Tara said...

Those are beautiful embryos. Eisley is a lucky little girl.